Mount Kenya optional trekking costs
Extra Options for Mount Kenya Ad-Ons
The advertised price for all our options on Mount Kenya does not include transport to the mountain or accommodation before or after. The information below details various options and we can assist with booking the following:
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation in Nairobi
- Transfers to and from Embu or Naro Moru - depending on your route
- Accommodation in both locations too - hotels or lodges
The beautiful Mount Kenya dusted in snow.
Costs of accommodation and transfers
- Airport transfer in Nairobi - £25.00 one way (one car takes up to 4 pax)
- Private transfer between Nairobi / airport and Embu - £100 one way
- Private transfer between Nairobi / airport and Naro Moru - £120 one way
- Accommodation in Nairobi at Wildebeest Eco-Camp - £65 per person / night (dormitory beds with cooked breakfast, upgrades to private garden tents available)
- Accommodation in Embu at our Guest House - £25 per person/night (twin rooms, full board)
- Accommodation in Naro Moru at the Blueline Hotel - £30 per person/night (twin rooms, full board)
A beautiful sunrise along the Chogoria Route.
The advertised prices on our site are based on camping throughout (mountain tents are provided), optional upgrades at the mountain huts are available, particularly if you are using the Sirimon or Naro Moru routes (most other routes on Mount Kenya will involve wild camping) and the current costs for these upgrades are listed below.
Mount Kenya accommodation upgrades
- Mountain Hut accommodation - £20 per person / night at Met Station or Mackinders Camp on the Naro Moru route, Old Moses or Shiptons on the Sirimon route or Meru Banda's on the Chogoria route.
Safari and Moving Mountains Options
- Sponsor a Moving Mountains beneficiary or former street child to join you for the climb - £150.00. Share your experience with someone who has been supported by our charity, Moving Mountains and give them the chance to develop personally by joining you to summit the highest trekking peak in their country.
- Visits to our Moving Mountains development projects on the lower slopes of Mount Kenya, these include the Solio development for internally displaced people and Tigithi Primary and Kiamathaga Secondary Schools on the western side of Mount Kenya, near Naro Moru town and the Rescue Centre for Street Children, our Black Cats sports programme and a number of school development projects on the eastern side of Mount Kenya in Embu (Urban Primary, County Primary and Gatwe Primary Schools - there is no charge for visiting any of these projects, however we would ask that you cover local staffs transport (if required)
- Tailor-made safari adventures - prices will vary depending on the numbers in the team, length of the itinerary and National Parks and Game Reserves/Conservation Areas visited but we are more than happy to discuss options with you and help build an itinerary to suit your time and budget. From Mount Kenya, you have great access to Ol Pejeta Conservancy for day trips and overnights or the longer but popular option of a 4 or 5-day safari to Lake Naivasha, Hells Gate and the Masai Mara.