Expedition provider standards
The following document outlines some questions that we suggest that you ask any organisation that you are considering travelling with. It has been compiled based on our own experience and by pulling together guidance from a number of organisations that we are involved with, including;
- BSi8848 (the British standard for overseas expeditions)
- Foreign Office Know before You Go Campaign
- Expedition Providers’ Association (EPA)
- Young Explorers’ Trust (YET)
- Royal Geographic Society (RGS)
- Universities & Colleges Employers Association
- Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (LotC quality badge)
- International Porter Protection Group (IPPG)
- Sustainable Travel International (STI)
- Tourism Concern (Ethical Tour Operators Group)
- Fair Trade Volunteering (FTV)
- Association of Independent Tour Operators (AITO)
We are bound to standards of integrity and quality by a number of certification schemes and badges, many of which are not known or understood by the consumer. Contact us to have a chat about this, or research some of the sites above. Apart from complying with all of the above, we are also bound by law to have financial bonding in place (every operator should provide this in case of insolvency) and liability insurance.
Click on the images to enlarge the page and read/save/print it.