Safari in KenyaBooks and maps
Safari in Kenya books and maps
The Rough Guide to Kenya, Rough Guides, ISBN-10: 1848361378, ISBN-13: 978-1848361379
Kenya, Lonely Planet, ISBN-10: 1741047730, ISBN-13: 978-1741047738
Traveller's Guide - Wildlife of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, Hosking, Collins, ISBN-10: 0007248199, ISBN-13: 978-0007248193
Watching Wildlife: East Africa - Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Lonely Planet, ISBN-10: 1741042089, ISBN-13: 978-1741042085
Born Free, Adamson, Pan Books, ISBN-10: 0330391909, ISBN-13: 978-0330391900
Out of Africa, Blixen, Penguin Classics, ISBN-10: 0141183330, ISBN-13: 978-0141183336
No Picnic on Mount Kenya, Benuzzi, The Lyons Press, ISBN-10: 1592287247, ISBN-13: 978-1592287246
The KWS Wildlife Code
- Respect the privacy of the wildlife, this is their habitat.
- Beware of the animals, they are wild and can be unpredictable.
- Don't crowd the animals or make sudden noises or movements.
- Don't feed the animals, it upsets their diet and leads to human dependence.
- Keep quiet, noise disturbs the wildlife and may antagonize your fellow visitors.
- Stay in your vehicle at all times, except at designated picnic or walking areas.
- Keep below the maximum speed limit (40 kph/25 mph).
- Never drive off-road, this severely damages the habitat.
- When viewing wildlife keep to a minimum distance of 20 meters and pull to the side of the road so as to allow others to pass.
- Leave no litter and never leave fires unattended or discard burning objects.
- Respect the cultural heritage of Kenya, never take pictures of the local people or their habitat without asking their permission, respect the cultural traditions of the area and always dress with decorum.
- Stay over or leave before dusk, visitors must vacate the Park between 6.00 p.m. - 6.00 a.m. unless they are camping overnight. Night game driving is not allowed.